cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjb8297
Level 6

.net 1.1 Setup Prequisite

Greetings,

I have created a set up and have it so that the .net 1.1 framework is extracted from the setup.exe. However, I need to make sure that at least the user installs this before they continue with the installation of my app.

Right now if they chose no, then the install continues, how do you set this up so that it is a prequisite. Thanks.

🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jjb8297
Level 6

jjb8297 wrote:
Greetings,

I have created a set up and have it so that the .net 1.1 framework is extracted from the setup.exe. However, I need to make sure that at least the user installs this before they continue with the installation of my app.

Right now if they chose no, then the install continues, how do you set this up so that it is a prequisite. Thanks.

🙂

Additional information since I posted this morning:

I beleive the right distributables, although I do have to say that was some what painful to do, but seems to work.

Now under windows vista it kicks off the install for .net and then shows me the dialog for .net 1.1 install and then displays a dialog saying that the app may have installed incorrectly.

I guess I may be wrong in my assumption that this is working correctly, so what I need to know what are the set ups to set up an installer to check to see if the .net 1.1 is present and then install it if it is not.

How do I get the.net 1.1 framework to be extracted from setup.exe (I think I have that done right, but would like to see what are the steps involved in doing it).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:)
0 Kudos
BernardC
Level 4

Hi,

Did you already install this hotfix ?

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q113498

Regards,
Bernard.
0 Kudos
jjb8297
Level 6

BernardC wrote:
Hi,

Did you already install this hotfix ?

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q113498

Regards,
Bernard.

I installed it after I had posted the post above, I found it and hey presto it worked for me.:)
0 Kudos