cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mescalero
Level 7

.msm file doesn't appear in Redistributables list

I'm driving myself nuts because my merge module file (built with an Installshield merge module project) does not appear in the redistributables list in a separate Installscript MSI project IDE with which I need to install it.

I've checked that the path in Tools > Options > Merge Modules > "Merge Modules Locations" matches where the msm file is copied upon being built.

What's going on? :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Kike_Izquierdo
Level 4

Have you tried to copy the msm file in the other path and add it to Tools->Options->Merge Modules->"Merge Modules Locations"?
0 Kudos
Mescalero
Level 7

Hi Kike,

Thanks for your response. Yes, in addition to the automatic copying that takes place when the msm project is built, I've tried manually copying it to the Merge Module directory, to no avail; the other installation projects cannot "see" it in the Redistributables section.
0 Kudos
Mescalero
Level 7

The problem was that I had left the subject to the default value in the merge module project. I didn't recognise it, as it was called “Blank Merge Module Project Template” in the Redistributables view. A descriptive subject field resolved it.

Knew it had to be something simple. :rolleyes:
0 Kudos