cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harteaga
Level 3

issue opening a project in InstalliShield

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I cant find an answer to this anywhere.

I have 2 development computers (VS 2012), I added setup.isl and Setup.isproj to version control(svn), the files are under the setup project for the solution,

When I open the project in the machine where I originally did the development everything works fine, when I need to open the same project in the new machine (that doesnt contain any other files from install) I get an error saying: InstallShield cannot open %FILE%.isl. Please contact Flexera Software technical support". the file is there it just cant be opened.

I cannot figure out what the difference is, so to the questions are:

1.- what files do I need to add to svn to ensure that the development project works across both my development enviroments.
2.- How can I fix this on the second development machine?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Here are the answers for the questions posted:

1>
You can add the following files to Visual Studio source control:

* Solution files (*.sln).
* Project files, for example, *.csproj, *.vbproj files.
* Application configuration files, based on XML, used to control run-time behavior of a Visual Studio project.

Files that you cannot add to source control include the following:

* Solution user option files (*.suo).
* Project user option files, for example, *.csproj.user, *.vbproj.user files.
* Web information files, for example, *.csproj.webinfo, *.vbproj.webinfo, that control the virtual root location of a Web project.
* Build output files, for example, *.dll and *.exe files.

2> Please refer the below community link to fix the issue:
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?190268-Project-file-corrupted!

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
harteaga
Level 3

chiranjeevi wrote:
Hello,

Here are the answers for the questions posted:

1>
You can add the following files to Visual Studio source control:

* Solution files (*.sln).
* Project files, for example, *.csproj, *.vbproj files.
* Application configuration files, based on XML, used to control run-time behavior of a Visual Studio project.

Files that you cannot add to source control include the following:

* Solution user option files (*.suo).
* Project user option files, for example, *.csproj.user, *.vbproj.user files.
* Web information files, for example, *.csproj.webinfo, *.vbproj.webinfo, that control the virtual root location of a Web project.
* Build output files, for example, *.dll and *.exe files.

2> Please refer the below community link to fix the issue:
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?190268-Project-file-corrupted!

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi

Hi Chiranjeevi,

Thanks for the response, I tried the link to the solution you shared and I get a different message saying "Class not registered" instead of the unsupported type described on the post.

Any ideas? I have copied the original and working file from my other computer and pasted the contents on the new one with no luck, any other suggestions?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Could you please try renaming .isl file to .ism or .ise to open using Installshield Authoring Tool.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
harteaga
Level 3

chiranjeevi wrote:
Hello,

Could you please try renaming .isl file to .ism or .ise to open using Installshield Authoring Tool.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi

Hi Chiranjeevi,

I tried this with no luck, I got another system and everything works fine in there. So it looks like InstallShield was not installed correctly, I will remove and reinstall to get this working.

Thanks for your help,
0 Kudos