cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

installshield multiplatform 11.5 windows registry

Hi
i am using installshield multiplatform 11.5 on windows to create a installer.

After the installer application is installed, does ISMP 11.5 automatically create a entry in HKLM microsft\windows\software\currentversion\uninstall with the UUID?

is there something in ISMP uip graphical interface that i can turn on/off the above behavior? or if it is not automatic, i have to add a custom action to make that happen?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Not applicable

and, the installer creates windows exe to install
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I vaguely recall that ISMP creates the Add or Remove Programs entry whenever you create a native uninstaller launcher on Windows, so the only built-in way not to create it is not to create a native uninstaller launcher in the Product view...
0 Kudos
Not applicable

thanks for reply

there is one install ismp uip i inherit from another person
i do not see a delete-reg custom action, but i do not get add/remove prog entry and i do not get some string containing the uuid in reg \hklm\software\..\uninstall, where can i find out that is turned off?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

In Product Information > Product Uninstaller > Uninstaller Launcher you can see if a native Windows uninstall launcher is defined.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

thanks

this is ismp 11.5 sp1 premier
in designer, install infor then general infor then prod uninstaller, prod uninstall launcher is there and win32 prop is defined with uninstall.exe

but after the install there is no such uninstall.exe (uninstall.jar is there)

1. in additional tools--jvm resolution---nothing specified for jvm
2. in app data-launchers--nothing defined
would 1 or 2 be the reason that uninstall.exe is not generated and no reg entry and no add/remove prog entry?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Yes, you'll need to either search for an existing JVM or use a bundled JVM in order to use a native launcher for something you're installing or for the uninstaller...
0 Kudos
Not applicable

thanks for help

now i need work on this installer to make it silent.
i think i can generate a response file by running the generated exe, right?
0 Kudos