cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaggy
Level 3

installshield 2009 ComboBox...??

Do anyone know how to get the value from comboBox and populated into a reg file...? comboBox property name is "ServerType"...

can anyone help me...? 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If a combo box has associated property COMBOPROP, you can use [COMBOPROP] (including the brackets), in the Registry view and some other views to write the value to the target system.

Because of how Windows Installer sequences work with properties, you'll need to use a property with an all-caps name: SERVERTYPE instead of ServerType, for example.
0 Kudos
Shaggy
Level 3

I have try that, it doesn't show anything....

RobertDickau wrote:
If a combo box has associated property COMBOPROP, you can use [COMBOPROP] (including the brackets), in the Registry view and some other views to write the value to the target system.

Because of how Windows Installer sequences work with properties, you'll need to use a property with an all-caps name: SERVERTYPE instead of ServerType, for example.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If you create an MSI log file, do you see the value being set?
0 Kudos
Shaggy
Level 3

I have added a value in property manager by name "ServerType" and i have also i property called "ServerType" on dropdrownlist on form... no matter what i choose in dropdown it will add the value from property manager, and as default is "onpremise"... so what do i do wrong...???

RobertDickau wrote:
If you create an MSI log file, do you see the value being set?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps replace "ServerType" with "SERVERTYPE", both in the Property Manager and in the Dialog Editor for the combo box?
0 Kudos
Shaggy
Level 3

would it work if I cahnge both with "SERVERTYPE"....?

RobertDickau wrote:
Perhaps replace "ServerType" with "SERVERTYPE", both in the Property Manager and in the Dialog Editor for the combo box?
0 Kudos