cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmetekJAC
Level 2

installation of .net 3.5 framework

Hi, I have set .net 3.5 as a prerequisite, and selected it as a redistributable.
However it was never activated until i created a separate feature for it.
Now I notice that the .net is installed and requests to restart the PC but doesn't continue with the installation of our program.
Am I tackling this the right way?

cheers
Jim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
azad_khan1
Level 3

Hi ...

Ur problem can be solved from prerequisite which u r adding from redistribute list there is an option in the properties of prerequisite that u can escape the restart option as ur prerequisite is installed.

Search in the properties of prerequisite u will find that option to escape restart..
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It's not recommended to install the .NET framework as a feature prerequisite. Perhaps you previously had it as a setup prerequisite, but were launching the .msi file instead of the setup.exe bootstrap?
0 Kudos
Time_Files
Level 2

I have a comparable issue. I set .NET Framework 3.5 to install before feature selection. I had issues downloading the package (due to corporate network issues, I'm sure), but I thought I had found the proper dotnetfx35 and helper applets.

I tested my install kit this morning on a computer without Internet access -- as my end users may not all have net access. The installation attempted to download the .NET framework, which of course failed.

How do I set up ISEx to properly install the Framework?
Where do I directly download the needed files?
And to retest, how do I clean up the manual installation of the Framework? Do I have to uninstall all Framework components?
0 Kudos