cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary_Clark
Level 3

.inf files in InstallShield 2008

Hello,

I am new to InstallShield. I have built a basic .msi file which uses a.bat file to run a .inf file. This installs drivers, sets up the registry and installs .dll.

Its ok however I prefer not to use the .bat file and just build the .inf file into the installshield project if possible. I would like to get some information on how to accomplish this and I apologise for any ignorance in advance.

Much appreciated,
Garyc
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For one possibility, you might right-click a feature in the Setup Design view and select the Device Driver Wizard. The InstallShield 2008 help library has more information about the wizard and general settings.
0 Kudos
manumanimala
Level 3

Hi Robert,

Using the device driver wizard, can't we give an unsigned inf file for driver installation?

Can we create an msm for driver installation?

I need to install a printer driver and make that an msm project. But when i checked the Device Driver wizard it was not enabled.
I am trying to install a virtual printer. Using the standard API's I successfully created custom actions and msm project and it is working. But I want to know about a method to use inf file to install my printer.

Please help me....
0 Kudos