cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willpower
Level 2

implement prerequisite in installscript 2008???

i open prerequisite from "tools --> prerequisite Editor" menu.
end edit myprerequisite with 3party .exe wich i want to run after/before my installation complete, i add special command for this .exe and save the new seting.

now i build my setup and run it on another computer and the .exe not run.
how can i tell my installation (script) to get my prerequisite?
can i use prerequisite to distribute dot net/win istaller engine ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I gather prerequisites are supported only for MSI (and ClickOnce) projects, at least according to the "Setup Prerequisites" help topic. For an InstallScript project, you can use objects or merge modules, or just launch the external installation EXE using the LaunchApplication function.
0 Kudos
alegerlotz
Level 7

RobertDickau wrote:
I gather prerequisites are supported only for MSI (and ClickOnce) projects, at least according to the "Setup Prerequisites" help topic. For an InstallScript project, you can use objects or merge modules, or just launch the external installation EXE using the LaunchApplication function.

I'm using LaunchApplication to call a couple of 3rd party installs. I can't get these to WAIT, even when supplying the LAAW_OPTION_USE_SHELLEXECUTE and LAAW_OPTION_WAIT options to my call.

I've done similar things in older versions of installShield with the LaunchAppAndWait function and they've worked fine.

Have I missed something with respect to how to call the new function?

[FONT="Courier New"]nResult = LaunchApplication ( SUPPORTDIR^"jdk-1_5_0_12-windows-i586-p.exe" ,"" , SUPPORTDIR , SW_SHOWNORMAL , 10000 , LAAW_OPTION_USE_SHELLEXECUTE | LAAW_OPTION_WAIT | LAAW_OPTION_SHOW_HOURGLASS );[/FONT]

The 3rd party install launches, but my install doesn't wait for it.
0 Kudos