cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forcet
Level 4

how to overwrite setup type and features selection

I'm using Installshield MSI project, what I wanna do is to overwrite the setup type(change complete and custom to type1 and type2), then select features based on the setup type user chose.

and I tried to use SetupType property to get setup type but failed.

any thoughts about it

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
forcet
Level 4

the property "_IsSetupTypeMin" works, now I can get the setup type defined in setup type dialog. the problem is after I change the default setup type(complete & custom) to type1 and type2, the feature selection dialog(CustomSetup) disappeared...
0 Kudos
forcet
Level 4

no matter what setup type I choose, the features selection is based on the default value of "_IsSetupTypeMin" specified in Property manager..

I add an action after setup type dialog and get the "_IsSetupTypeMin", it's actually the type I choose rather the default value..The only explanation is the feature selection happens "IsSetupTypeMin" is set in setup type dialog..

Anyone give me a solution, thanks.
0 Kudos
ericpaul
Level 6

What I have done (and what is working) is the following:

The radio buttons

• I use the radio button group with the property _IsSetupTypeMin
  • In this group I have a radio button for each setup type
  • Each radio button has a name that starts with _IsSetupTypeMin and ends with a sequence number , _IsSetupTypeMin1, _IsSetupTypeMin2, ...
  • Each radio button has a value and this value will be assigned to the _IsSetupTypeMin property when checked

In my setup I have a type for a complete installation, a custom installation and several types for different configurations.
To get something like this working, you need to adjust the behavior of the Next PushButton accordingly.
For instance, I have added events | arguments | conditions such as:

The behavior
[LIST=1]
  • AddLocal | ALL | _IsSetupTypeMin = "Typical"
  • Remove | ALL | _IsSetupTypeMin <> "Custom"AND _IsSetupTypeMin <> "Typical"
  • AddLocal | MyServer | _IsSetupTypeMin = "Server"
  • AddLocal | ManagementTool_1 | _IsSetupTypeMin = "Management"
  • AddLocal | ManagementTool_2 | _IsSetupTypeMin = "Management"
  • and so on ...

This controls the features that will be installed based on the setup type you select.

I hope this helps you.
  • 0 Kudos
    jmanuel
    Level 2

Hello everyone. I have being trying to solve this problem, but I don´t know how to do it.

I have a radio button group with two radio buttons in a custom dialog, each button has a value, the button group has a property asociated. And when is selected the radio button, i think that the property will takes the value of the radio button, but it doesn´t. Do i need to do something else? Should I do something in the behavior?

Thanks in advance.
    0 Kudos
    grparsec
    Level 7

jmanuel wrote:
    Hello everyone. I have being trying to solve this problem, but I don´t know how to do it.

I have a radio button group with two radio buttons in a custom dialog, each button has a value, the button group has a property asociated. And when is selected the radio button, i think that the property will takes the value of the radio button, but it doesn´t. Do i need to do something else? Should I do something in the behavior?

Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same problem as jmanuel. Any suggestion to solve this?
    0 Kudos