cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
overlordchin
Level 6

how can you change the SetupStatus dialog

So the problem is that this dialog displays as normal in English. The default settings for Japanese however cause banners and text to display improperly. I was able to change these settings in the ui for InstallShield 2009 for other dialogs to correct the issue. However, the SetupStatus dialog where you see a progress bar and files actually installing does not appear to be listed in the "All Dialogs" area of the ui.

Do I need to make manual changes to this in the setup.rul file?
How can I go about making these changes. Or is the dialog called something else and/or am I blind as a bat?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone has to offer.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
overlordchin
Level 6

I am not the only one to have this problem or at least a similar one:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=192614

If anyone knows any more details about manipulating this particular piece or can forward me to some documentation I would appreciate it.
0 Kudos
overlordchin
Level 6

I was able to work around my issue. If anyone else has this problem or a similar problem; I was able to use the following commands:

Enable(STATUSDLG);
SetFont(FONT_TITLE, STYLE_NORMAL, "MS Sans Serif");

These two commands combined removed the banner from the dialog which was displaying improperly and resized the dialog to be smaller and just the status bar plus a message related to what it was doing. I imagine you could still set the display message with SetStatusEx etc. Hopefully this can help someone else in the community.
0 Kudos