cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepbluesea
Level 3

how about build project with iscmdbld.exe in installshield 2009

I am now thingking about upgrade my istallshield 12 to 2009, because the iscmdbld.exe doesn't work very well with IS 12. I just want to know, does 2009 support -l for path variable. I can find this option in help view but with iscmdbld /? I can not find this option and indeed it doesn;t work with -l option.

Thanks
deep
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

This forum is for the Express edition of InstallShield. Express doesn't have a Path Variables view, but the Premier or Professional editions do. Are you referring to the Premier or Professional editions?

InstallShield 2009 Premier and Professional editions resolve that path variable bug for the -l ISCmdBld.exe parameter. I believe that the bug existed in InstallShield 12. So, this should be fixed if you upgrade to InstallShield 2009 Premier or Professional.
0 Kudos
deepbluesea
Level 3

DebbieL wrote:
This forum is for the Express edition of InstallShield. Express doesn't have a Path Variables view, but the Premier or Professional editions do. Are you referring to the Premier or Professional editions?

InstallShield 2009 Premier and Professional editions resolve that path variable bug for the -l ISCmdBld.exe parameter. I believe that the bug existed in InstallShield 12. So, this should be fixed if you upgrade to InstallShield 2009 Premier or Professional.

thank you, I will check out the difference between 2009 Premier and Professional editions.
0 Kudos