cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tejasD
Level 3

hide modify radio button of SdWelcomeMaint

Hi,

I am using Installshield 2015. I have project which is installscript msi. I am using/calling SdWelcomeMaint function which display 3 radio buttons as modify, repair and remove.
My requirement is I want to hide modify button and display only repair and remove radio buttons.

Is this possible? if so, what are the steps to do it?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
chad_petersen
Level 9

There are a couple of different ways to go. You could modify the dialog layout of the SdWelcomeMaint dialog and, since there is not a "Visible" setting then you would want to Delete the Modify choice and its associated text. This can get a bit ugly as anything that references the Modify (Change) would fail once this is done - so it might be a slippery slope for a bit.

Or you could Clone the SdWelcomeMaint dialog, modify the clone, and use it instead, thus not altering the provided dialog.

In a Basic MSI you can hide the associated text, but the radio button would still need to go since it would be considered an active control.

I hope it helps some at least.

Chad
0 Kudos
tejasD
Level 3

Thanks Chad.

Got some idea, I cloned it and it created new dialog. After that I tried to remove modify radio button and its text but unable to remove as entire radio button group getting removed.
Also, do I need to write anything new code after creating new clone dialog or it will work like our standard dialog just calling its name in the code.

I am new to installshield, please guide.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
chad_petersen
Level 9

You'll need to right click on the radiobutton group container and say "Send To Back" before it will allow you to click on each individual radio button. The radiobutton group container is initially on top, which is correct.

I know what you mean about being new to InstallShield. We all were new to it in the beginning. There is a bit of a learning curve as with many things. It only gets worse from there.

Chad
0 Kudos
tejasD
Level 3

Thanks Chad.

It works.
Can you please refer some book or pdf or site to learn Installshield from scratch i.e. from creating project to final installer.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
chad_petersen
Level 9

I've been using InstallShield since 1986 or 1987 so I have accumulated my knowledge very gradually and have not ever done a tutorial like this, but I found these that might be helpful.

http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield21helplib/helplibrary/Tutorials.htm

If you google on "InstallShield tutorial" there seems to be a few others out there as well.

Chad
0 Kudos