cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocowind
Level 2

help: .net component missing some dependent dlls

I am new to Installshiled. My project need to install several components, need to put its Key file (.exe) and all its dependent dlls into its own folder. The dependent dlls will be get from ".net scan at build" function.

A lot of the dlls are used by sevral different components. These dlls are only installed into one directory and are not installed into each component directories(the dlls do show up in the dependecy scan list). I set the shared property of the component to be "no", but this does not help either.

Is there any setting that will affect the installation?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MarcCa
Level 4

I'm not sure I understand you fully, but I'll try to help you.

First, you create a separate component for the .Net components (as you've already done I think). You set the setting ".Net Assembly" of that component to "Local Assembly" and the self register property to true.
The .Net scan at build for dependencies is OK.
Other dlls which are not a .Net component are situated in a different component, where the setting ".Net Assembly" is set to "Not a .Net assembly". The selfregister option (if applicable to those dlls) can be set to true. This should help I hope.

I'm also new to installshield, so I don't know exactly if this works. The situation is of course different, but I was busy with .Net components also this week. I managed to install and register my components in this way.

If you manage to fix the problem, maybe you can help me too?
Since I've added two small .Net components to my project, the installation on a 'clean' PC takes about 5 minutes longer then with the previous versions. This has got something to do with the registering of the new .Net components. If you also have this problem can you please tell me, then I know I'm not the only one.
0 Kudos