cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamtaro
Level 3

fatal error when building from standalone (IsCmdBld.exe) but not Installshield's GUI

HELP! I've been trying to fix this error for days and haven't figured it out! I have an Installshield 2009 project that builds fine in Installshield 2009's GUI but when I try to build it from the command line using the Standalone's IsCmdBld.exe, it fails giving me this:

ISDEV : fatal error 0:
Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

I had to turn on verbose logging to see the "Not enough storage" part of the error, which may or may not actually be an issue. I have more than enough disk space and I have even tried clearing out my temp directory. It could just be giving me that error as a result of something else going wrong.

This is occuring during the .NET dependency scan of the build process. I read somewhere that setting ".NET scan at build" to "none" for my components will get rid of this error, so I tried it, and it worked! BUT I do want the dependency scan at build because I'm registering those components the the GAC and it won't work if I have ".NET scan at build" turned off.

So, I think this could be a standalone bug since this is only occuring when I use the standalone IsCmdBld.exe and not when I build it in the GUI for Installshield 2009. Something I noticed when checking the system folder for each of the these products (C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009 StandaloneBuild\System & C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\System) is that some of the dll versions differ. For example, the setup engine (IsSetup.dll) for the standalone is file version 15.00.0.498, but the setup engine for installshield 2009 is file version 15.00.0.591!

Any thoughts?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

did you get the service pack 1 for your standalone build as well as your IDE?

with the version numbers being different I would guess that is the issue.
0 Kudos
pamtaro
Level 3

That was my guess too. The standalone install came from the same cd as the full IDE version, but the setup file for the full version is 15.02.000 and the standalone is 15.00.00. So the standalone must not be the latest sp2. How do I get the newest standalone setup?

UPDATE: Never mind, I got the download from the IS updates interface. 🙂

UPDATE 2: This didn't work after all. The Standalone SP2 is still giving me the fatal error. Its something I'll probably have to open a support case for, but in the mean time, I've come up with a workaround to fix this problem so I can get this setup working today. I created a custom action to call the gacutil during setup and register the files that way. So, I can keep the ".NET scan at build" set to "None" for those dlls that I want registered and not get the error that occurs during the build.
0 Kudos