cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palakolanu85
Level 2

fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.

We are using install shield with one of our build server to generate installer. This is working fine and no issues.
We are in the process of migrating our current build server for which we have cloned the same and have the new build server ,now install shield fails on new build server.

Error Description:

[exec] InstallShield (R)
[exec] Release Builder
[exec] Copyright (c) 2013 Flexera Software LLC.
[exec]
[exec] All Rights Reserved.
[exec]
[exec] Build started at Oct 13 2017 07:43 AM
[exec]
[exec] ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.
[exec] Standard\Release - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
[exec]
[exec] Build finished at Oct 13 2017 07:43 AM

BUILD FAILED - 1 non-fatal error(s), 1 warning(s)

External Program Failed: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\system\iscmdbld (return code was 1)

I believe our Install shield license is Machine specific, Please let us know how to migrate Install shield license form one Server to other .
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DandamanAUS
Level 6

Hey I believe you need to login to
https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com/control/inst/login?nextURL=%2Fcontrol%2Finst%2Findex
then release the licence from your old server and then register it for your new one.

0 Kudos
Audrey458
Level 2

I was getting the same -7159 error when trying to call IsCmdBld from an InvokeProcess activity in TFS Build. The build agent was running as the local NT AUTHORITY\Network Service account. When that account was changed to a domain account with administrative privileges, the error went away.

Prepaid Gift Balance[/HR]
0 Kudos