cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rr8831
Level 3

fatal error -6109: Internal build error

hello Robert,

I get this error buiilding a single msi image using project assistant.

ISDEV : warning -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.
ISDEV : fatal error -6109: Internal build error
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
kaliyamoorthy
Level 3

Hi Me too getting the same error.
Kindly give me the solution..
0 Kudos
Ash008
Level 3

Go to the the proprties of the component and change .net scan at build to none. this will solev ur problem
0 Kudos
kaliyamoorthy
Level 3

Thank you for your help.

I am using Instalshield2008 . Still getting the following errors

1.6109 - Internal Build error

2.6245 - One or more project components contains .net properties that require the .net frmaework.
0 Kudos
Ash008
Level 3

Have you made the changes for all the components.
0 Kudos
kaliyamoorthy
Level 3

its asked for only one component( The Dll which i added into the component)
So i chaged that only
0 Kudos
johnsondw
Level 2

I don't know if this is the same problem as you are experiencing, but I was able to get around it. It seems to occur when two DLLs have the same dependency. To fix this, I go to the Application Files and right click on one of the two DLLs, click on "Dependencies from scan at build...", and unchecked the dependency listed there.

For example, I got these lines in my log:
Adding file 'MTKBDW~1.OCX' that is a dependency of component 'AxInterop.KbdWedgeOCX.dll'
Adding file 'MTKBDW~1.OCX' that is a dependency of component 'Interop.KbdWedgeOCX.dll'

I went to the Application Files, right clicked on AxInterop.KbdWedgeOCX.dll, selected "Dependencies from scan at build...", and unchecked the single dependency listed there. That took care of the -6109 error.
0 Kudos
kaliyamoorthy
Level 3

Thanks Friend

johnsondw wrote:
I don't know if this is the same problem as you are experiencing, but I was able to get around it. It seems to occur when two DLLs have the same dependency. To fix this, I go to the Application Files and right click on one of the two DLLs, click on "Dependencies from scan at build...", and unchecked the dependency listed there.

For example, I got these lines in my log:
Adding file 'MTKBDW~1.OCX' that is a dependency of component 'AxInterop.KbdWedgeOCX.dll'
Adding file 'MTKBDW~1.OCX' that is a dependency of component 'Interop.KbdWedgeOCX.dll'

I went to the Application Files, right clicked on AxInterop.KbdWedgeOCX.dll, selected "Dependencies from scan at build...", and unchecked the single dependency listed there. That took care of the -6109 error.
0 Kudos
pricemi
Level 2

I get this error when the product I am building is installed as well.
If this is the case, uninstall the product and then rebuild the release and you should be all set.

Mike P.
0 Kudos