cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggrewe
Level 5

error occurred streaming splashscreen bitmap

Hello,

I am using InstallShield 2009 and receiving the following error message when my MSI compiles;

ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'bitmap name' into setup.exe

This file is the bitmap we are using for a splashscreen. I have had our marketing department recreate the bitmap several times. After reading the log file for the build, there is no better information.

Any help is greatly aprpeciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Are you trying to pull the file in from a network drive?
0 Kudos
ggrewe
Level 5

No Mike, it is a local drive, just a different folder.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you post what the path is?
0 Kudos
ggrewe
Level 5

Sure, here is the complete error line...

ISDEV : warning -6607: Your splash screen will not be displayed during the installation because D:\ILEADS_support_82\Splashscreen40\ILEADS.bmp is not a bitmap file. To display a splash screen, you must specify a valid bitmap file.

I am not sure what it is looking for. The bitmap is 493 x 302 and is only 582kb in size.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you send me the file:

mmarino@acresso.com

We have seen problems with bitmaps when the the bitmap header information is not correct (some paint programs seem to write this info better than others.)
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

An issue that used to come up (may not be true nowadays) is that run-length-encoded bitmaps and bitmaps with alpha channels can't be displayed; the rule seemed to be that if you could view and save the bitmap using MS Paint, it could be displayed as a splash screen...
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I resolved this issue by opening the user's file up in a paint program and re-saving it.

Re-creating the file seemed to fix the issue for the user.
0 Kudos