cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbernier
Level 3

error : Failed to load ISWIBuild: -2147221164

This is probably a problem with MSBuild but just in case...

We've installed IS2010 (standalone) on a build machine side by side with IS2008. We're using Team foundation so in our TFSBuild.proj we call the MSBuild tasks for each project. Each is called using the full namespace to avoid ambiguity. The first project, whether its 2010 or 2008 goes through without a hitch, as soon as the second task kicks in we get "error : Failed to load ISWIBuild: -2147221164". Anybody can tell me why? I can only assume that the dll is already loaded by msbuild and not released (which sound pretty familiar), if so is there a solution to this problem other than calling the Exec task on msbuild for each setup (which works by the way)?

InstallShieldPath="$(InstallShield2010Path)"
Project="$(SolutionRoot)\Main\Installation\Y.ism"
ProductConfiguration="Client"
ReleaseConfiguration="Release"
ProductVersion="$(InstallShieldProductVersion)">

InstallShieldPath="$(InstallShieldPath2008)"
Project="$(SolutionRoot)\Main\Installation\X.ism"
ProductConfiguration="Client"
ReleaseConfiguration="Client"
ReleaseFlags="Client"
MergeModulePath="$(InstallShieldMergeModulePath)"
ProductVersion="$(InstallShieldProductVersion)">

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Are you saying that you have a solution that builds both an IS2010 and an IS2008 project? I would not be surprised if these build engines cannot be loaded into the same process; this is not part of the side-by-side use we support. So I'd go with the workaround you've found of using MSBuild via the Exec task. Aside from not being as clean, are there any problems you've found with that route?
0 Kudos
cbernier
Level 3

Yes, both tasks in different targets same msbuild project. Its not clean but it does work, thanks for the quick reply.
0 Kudos