cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean_H
Level 7

error F8503: Can't open script input file

I have an InstallshieldMSI project that when I try to compile, I get the following error, F8503: Can't open script input file. I had exported some components from another MSI to my current project and upon exporting into new project, some conflicts were detected. I told it to overwrite all and now I'm unable to compile. I have since deleted the components, but still unable to compile. Any help would be appreciated. The files in in the correct folder so not sure what the issue is, or how to proceed

Compiling...
Setup.Rul
fatal error F8503: Can't open script input file
Setup.inx - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Dean_H
Level 7

I was able to resolve the issue. It appears that when I had the project open, when I clicked on the InstallScript link under Behavior and Logic, that it was not loading the correct Setup.Rul and FeatureEvents.Rul- somehow it was referencing the wrong folder, not sure how the links got changed.
At this point, I right clicked on the Setup.Rul and selected Import Script File and then loaded the correct file and then I repeated this for the FeatureEvents.Rul file and then I was able to recompile the project again
0 Kudos