cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muralla
Level 4

error 1606 ¡¡¡¡

Hi all.

I have made a repackage of a setup.exe wiht admin studio.

Afther that i have build and this create a msi..

When i try to install the msi :
Error 1606 Could not acces network location ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS.

I have edit the registry and i have modify the values of common administrative tools in the "shell folders" of HKLM and HKCU but it doesnt works...
I have tryed install it in a windows xp sp3 computer and w2k sp4 computers...
Can you help me???

Thanks ¡
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
muralla
Level 4

Does nobody know for that this happens to me? The msi is generated by 0 mistakes and 0 warnings.
Agggg .
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Error 1606 most commonly occurs when there is a property and a Directory table entry in an MSI package that share the same name, and the property is set to a value that is not a valid path before the CostFinalize action runs. In this case, some property is being set to a value "ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS" which is not a valid path. The property is either set to this in the Property table in the MSI package or it is being set at runtime (in which case a verbose log would show what is changing the property value and the name of the property).
0 Kudos
muralla
Level 4

That's true ¡¡
I have find in the propertys table a reference to administrative tools..
Dirproperty2-->ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS
I have drop drown him and it seems that it works.
Have I done well?
This give me problems hereinafter(later on)?
0 Kudos
muralla
Level 4

Now the install works but in the instalation dir the folder doesnt exist...
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

You could remove the Directory table entry if the directory does not need to be installed. Otherwise, if there is an entry in the Property Manager, it should be removed from there.
0 Kudos
K0NFUZIUS
Level 5

Thanks a lot that helped me to!

I had the same problem with IS2010. I deleted both Dirproperty1 entries from the project and everything works fine.

Cheers Joerg
0 Kudos