Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eyal_morad
Level 2

dll not installing

Hello.

I have this weird problem.
when installing my basic msi all the files installed correclty.

BUT, when i'm doing upgrade from previous version I have 2 dll's that are not installed!
I tried everything I know (not much..) starting from reentering the files to the installtion package to messing up with the upgrades section.
the verbos log also did not yield any error. all the files including those two looks like they installed correctly.

I'll be glad if someone have any ideas about what I did wrong..

thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ITI_Randy
Level 6

eyal_morad wrote:
Hello.

I have this weird problem.
when installing my basic msi all the files installed correclty.

BUT, when i'm doing upgrade from previous version I have 2 dll's that are not installed!
I tried everything I know (not much..) starting from reentering the files to the installtion package to messing up with the upgrades section.
the verbos log also did not yield any error. all the files including those two looks like they installed correctly.

I'll be glad if someone have any ideas about what I did wrong..

thanks!

Have you followed the best practice rules for Windows Installer? In this case, are the dll's in question each in their own component with no other files?

Are the components containing the dll's contained in a feature that is being installed? Are there conditions on the components or feature that would prevent them from being installed?

What type of upgrade are you doing? Have you defined an explicit upgrade in the Media > Upgrades section of the IDE? If you are doing a Major upgrade, verify that the Package Code and Product Code, in the general properties are updated and the version is updated to a newer version (only Major.Minor.Build count).

If the above are all ok, check the log after the install closely. Search for the word "Disallowing", followed by an explanation of why the dll's are not installed or upgraded.
0 Kudos