cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

difference in setup size betrween Installshield 2008 and X

Hi,
I have an Install Script project (.ism) file which I use to build the setup.exe on Installshield X and 2008. The setup.exe size on Instalshield X is 1MB more than the one created using Installshield 2008. Can anyone please let me know why this happens and what improvement was made on 2008? I tried researching the release notes but couldnt find anything specific.

-B
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Christoph
Level 8

This has probably to do with some new approaches Installshield 2008 is using and is nothing to worry about...

If you want to know why exactly it is bigger, you need to ask this question to an Installshield engineer. You will not find the answer in the release notes...
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Christoph. When you mean Installshield Engineer, you mean the actual dev team that developed the 2008 right? or an IS user ( like me 🙂 )?

I put forth this question as I wanted to know if by default any compression or optimization option was turned ON.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 8

I mean someone who developed Installshield... 🙂

Probably with the new release of Installshield, a couple of dll's just got bigger and that's why the setup.exe got bigger...

But as said, the answer to your question can only be given by someone from inside Installshield I suppose.
0 Kudos