cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristopheOce
Level 7

customActionData ???

Hi,

I need to have some more information about custom action data !

Here is it my problem :
I have a project in is 11.5 (basic msi project) with some installscript.
This project works well.

This project must be upgrade to is 2008, ok i uprade and i have a little works to do, a custom action who copy a file in a location with some installscript.
Ok it's done.
I've create a custom action who take two parameters, the installdir and the name of the file. These information are store in a property and i use MsiGetProperty(...,"CustomActionData", .., ..); for to have my two param.

But after several test we have noticed that we have a OTHER problem with a com server under vista !
The project under 11.5 under vista WORKS well.
After one day of search my boss tell me, leave this project under 11.5 ok, i copy paste my code (CustomActionData) in project is 11.5 i build package and i run again.

When my new custom action must be fire, messagebox is empty !!!
Normally my messagebox must be contains (Installdir and the file name !!!)
While i'm on deferred executioon in system context and i have some experience with custom action data !!!

For to correct this problem i must to delete customactiondata and replace by my own property who contains installdir and my file name

Really i don't understand with in installshield 2008 i must to pass by customactiondata and with 11.5 i can use my own property where i want !?

CustomActionData is it only for is 2008?
Can i have some explain ?

Really thanks
Christophe
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Hello, Christophe,

The behavior of the InstallScript engine changed between InstallShield 11.5 and InstallShield 12/2008; please see the sticky posts at the top of this forum for links to more information.

Robert
0 Kudos
ChristopheOce
Level 7

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your information.

See you soon 🙂
Christophe
0 Kudos