cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tutorcgs
Level 3

command line to change the installation directory

I want to change the installation directory of a third party installer. It looks like it is Multiplatform InstallShield installer. I was able to see the following information by right clicking on the file, FILE -> PROPERTIES -> VERSION tab:
File Version: 4.0.100.1190
Internal Name: stub32
Original File Name: stub32i.exe

How I can modify its installation directory? what command line I can use to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Z
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If it truly is a MultiPlatform installer, you can pass -P installLocation=C:\some\other\directory to it. But that version information looks like a PackageForTheWeb wrapper; if you launch this installer, are there any clues in the Temp directory?
0 Kudos
tutorcgs
Level 3

Thanks Robert for ur reply!

I ran the following command and opened a different dialog box, which looks like a wrapper:
THIRD_PARTY.exe -P installLocation=C:\Progra~1\test

I have all the information attached in the doc file. Can you please help me figure this thing out, thanks alot.

Z
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The internal installer appears to be an InstallScript installation, which doesn't support directly changing the installation directory from the command line, but which instead uses a "response file" (.iss file) to perform a silent installation with changed variable values. Please look up "response file" in http://helpnet.macrovision.com for information about preparing an InstallScript installer for silent installation. (You might post any follow-ups to the InstallScript forum.)
0 Kudos
tutorcgs
Level 3

Thanks Robert, u r the man!

Z 🙂
0 Kudos
sandeep_madhu14
Level 6

can any one provide the silent installation of stub32i.exe (easypdfsdk )
thanks
madhu
0 Kudos