cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jewels
Level 3

classpath on command line build for custom dialog

I'm trying to build an ISMP 11.5 project that has some custom dialogs. This code references a custom jar file and some class files that are not in it's package. Even though i reference thepaths to these items on my build command, it does not seem to work. I know the paths are correct on my build command since one of the packages includes beans in my project file
and they are getting resolved OK. The real problem seems to be that there is no way to specifyadditional class paths for custom dialogs on the command line build.

I opened problem report for this and have thus far been told that I need to copy InstallShieldMultiPlatform.cp to a file named InstallShieldMultiPlatformCommandLineBuild.cp.
This is in the ISMP install directory. Of course this is not a solution for a production build environment. I cannot modify the ISMP directory during a formal build.

Has anyone else run into this and found some sort of work around to this?

Here's my build command. I am trying to import com.ibm.ldap.install.beans in the dialog PanelFeature.java. The classes for com.ibm.ldap.install.beans are compiled before the build command, and are in "c:\sb\ldapdevsb\export\x86_nt_5\classes" which is in path below:

c:\sb\ldapdevsb\tools\x86_nt_5/compilers/ibm/java/1.5.0.2/bin/java.exe -cp "C:\i;C:\i\lib\ppk\win32ppk.jar;C:\i\lib\ppk\linuxppk.jar;C:
\i\distributables\platform\ext\windowsppk.jar;C:\i\distributables\platform\ext\linuxppk.jar;C:\i\lib\bootstrap.jar;C:\i\distributables\
library\hsqldb.jar;C:\i\lib\ib5core.jar;C:\i\lib\ib5swing.jar;C:\i\lib\ib5util.jar;C:\i\lib\icebrowserbean.jar;C:\i\lib\icebrowserliteb
ean.jar;C:\i\lib\ide.jar;C:\i\lib\jhall.jar;C:\i\lib\jsearch.jar;C:\i\lib\parser.jar;C:\i\lib\platform.jar;C:\i\;C:\i\lib\swing.jar;C:\
i\Resources\reslib\isus\us.jar;C:\i\distributables\engine\engine.jar;C:\i\lib\xalan.jar;C:\i\lib\xml-apis.jar;C:\i\lib\xt.jar;C:\i\lib\
builder.jar;C:\i\lib\derby.jar;C:\i\i18n;c:\sb\ldapdevsb\export\x86_nt_5\classes;c:\sb\ldapdevsb\ship\x86_nt_5\ismp;c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src
\packages\install-multplat;c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src\packages\install-multplat\lap\LAPBean.jar;c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src\packages\install-multplat\
lap\IsmpLap.jar" com.installshield.isje.ISJE "c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src\packages\install-multplat\projectFiles\TDSInstallSrvProject.uip" -ali
as BLD_PATH=c:\sb\ldapdevsb -alias CONTEXT=x86_nt_5 -alias PROJFILES_DIR=projectFiles -alias ADKS_CONTEXT=x86_nt_5 -alias PubServer=c:\
sb\ldapdevsb\inst.images\x86_nt_5\images\ismp\SrvInst -alias LDAPINSTVER=V6.1 -alias InstallObjCust=c:\sb\ldapdevsb\export\x86_nt_5\cus
tomclasses\server -alias BLD_GRAPHICS=c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src\packages\install-multplat\images -alias COREQ_FILES=c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src\packa
ges\install-multplat\coreqFiles -alias LDAPMAINTENANCELEV=0 -alias LDAPFIXLEVELLEV=0 -alias LA_FILES=c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src\packages\insta
ll-multplat\lap\LA_Home -build x86_nt_5
Setting alias BLD_PATH to c:\sb\ldapdevsb
Setting alias CONTEXT to x86_nt_5
Setting alias PROJFILES_DIR to projectFiles
Setting alias ADKS_CONTEXT to x86_nt_5
Setting alias PubServer to c:\sb\ldapdevsb\inst.images\x86_nt_5\images\ismp\SrvInst
Setting alias LDAPINSTVER to V6.1
Setting alias InstallObjCust to c:\sb\ldapdevsb\export\x86_nt_5\customclasses\server
Setting alias BLD_GRAPHICS to c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src\packages\install-multplat\images
Setting alias COREQ_FILES to c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src\packages\install-multplat\coreqFiles
Setting alias LDAPMAINTENANCELEV to 0
Setting alias LDAPFIXLEVELLEV to 0
Setting alias LA_FILES to c:\sb\ldapdevsb\src\packages\install-multplat\lap\LA_Home
MESSAGE: Compiling classes c:\sb\ldapdevsb\obj\x86_nt_5\packages\install-multplat\projectFiles\lib
WARNING: Error in PanelFeature.java on line 18: package com.ibm.ldap.install.beans does not exist
WARNING: import com.ibm.ldap.install.beans.*;
WARNING: ^
WARNING: 1 error
MESSAGE: Finished compile at Nov 5, 2006 8:25:16 PM (23.494 seconds)
Build stopped due to failed compilation.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jewels
Level 3

I got a work-around from Macrovision for this. This is working on Windows and Unix (Intel Linux). I build using com.installshield.isje.ISJE and specify
-alias instead of -pathVariable. It's working well. 😄

________________From Macrovision __________________________________

As there is no way to set the compiler classpath directly using a path variable, you will have to leverage an existing command line option. You will have to modify ismp.properties, and alias.properties in the build folder, but only once. First, you need to define an alias in alias.properties. For Simplicity's Sake, just add the following line:

ADDITIONAL_CP=C\:\\

Next, prepend the following to the compiler.classpath value:

$A(ADDITIONAL_CP);

after doing this, the compiler.classpath should look similar to the following:

$A(ADDITIONAL_CP);$A(IS_HOME)/distributables/engine/engine.jar;$A(IS_HOME)/distributables/bootstrap;$A(IS_HOME)/lib/builder.jar

When building, you can then redefine the ADDITIONAL_CP alias using the -pathVariable switch, providing additional items to add to the compilers classpath. For instance:

InstallShieldUniversalCommandLineBuild .uip -build -pathVariable ADDITIONAL_CP=c:\a.jar;c:\b.jar

Where a.jar and b.jar are additional jar files or directories that you wanted to add to the classpath. If you did not reset ADDITIONAL_CP, then it would default to c:\, which would not cause any problems. Obviously, you could set the default to any location
0 Kudos