Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boaz
Level 2

calling uninstall from command-line

Hi,

I'm evaluating the InstallShield 2011.
In my case, there is an executable that, among other things, calls the setup.exe that I created with InstallShield.

Symmetrically, I need to call the uninstall of InstallShield from an executable I created (and not by the add/remove programs utility)

So basically I need 2 things:
1. the ability to uninstall from the command-line, so I can execute it from my Uninstall.exe (is the setup.exe stored somewhere in the target computer, so I can call it with uninstall flags??)
2. I put an entry in the add/remove programs utility that calls my Uninstall.exe first (and in its turn should call the InstallShield uninstall...), is there a possibility that installShield won't put the add/remove entry?

How do I implement this in InstallShield?

Thanks,
Boaz.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

See the "Creating Uninstallation Shortcuts for InstallScript and InstallScript MSI Projects" help topic for the command line to run; you can suppress the default Add or Remove Programs entry with the ADDREMOVE_SYSTEMCOMPONENT variable.

(If you're using an MSI project, there are similar help topics and properties to get the same effect.)
0 Kudos