Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moname
Level 3

asking multiple inputs in one dialog box

Hi

Is there anyone to help me?

Actually I want to ask users to input some information and then I want to save them in a text file. my problem is that I want to ask a user input about 10 inputs in one dialog box. I am using AskText cammand
nResult1 = AskText ("Enter Web Service URL:", "http://localhost:9000/ConnectorEventService", eventURL);
nResult2 = AskText ("Enter SDS URL:", "http://localhost:9090/SDS", sdsURL);
and so on ...
but they are appearing in 10 dialog box, I want to ask all these information in one dialog box not 10!

Best Regards
🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Then create a custom dialog and create control over that and call the dialog during the setup sequence.
0 Kudos
moname
Level 3

Thx alot for ur kind reply,

but I still have problem,how can I create a custom dialog and create control over that and call the dialog during the setup sequence?

by "SdShowAnyDialog" ?
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

In the Installation designer tab you will find UserInterface -> Dialogs.
Here you can create the new dialogs and control.
0 Kudos
moname
Level 3

I made it and named it userInput but I dont know how to call that and use it in my installscript codes!
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

It can be a bit tricky the first time, but perhaps see the topics under Creating Installations > Defining the End-User Interface > Working with Dialogs > Working with Dialogs in InstallScript..., especially "Using InstallScript to Implement Custom Dialogs".

For another option, there's a built-in SdShowDlgEdit3 dialog box that has three edit fields, so using that a few times might simplify things without getting too crowded...
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Search the DefineDialog Example in your IS help file, that will help you.
also you can check this link for IS documentation on different topics..
0 Kudos
moname
Level 3

Thanks a lot
Although it was a big deal but ur resources were very useful. I recommend others to use SdShowDlgEdit3 it is very very easier.
0 Kudos
petesg
Level 2

I have the same issue.....I have created my custom dialog but how do i call it
0 Kudos