cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carfieldqi
Level 3

about add/remove program icon

We know we can specify add/remove program display icon in control panel.

But I want to use the default icon provided by installshield,which is small PC like icon,how can i do this?

The problem is if I donot specify the display icon, installshield will randomly select a .exe file icon or a .ico file as the display icon.So if I install my package on different computers, I will get different display icon in add/remove program control panel.

To use the default icon, where should I specify and specify what value into my installshield project ?:confused:

Any suggestion is appriciated.
Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
HennoKeers
Level 7

carfieldqi wrote:
We know we can specify add/remove program display icon in control panel.

But I want to use the default icon provided by installshield,which is small PC like icon,how can i do this?

The problem is if I donot specify the display icon, installshield will randomly select a .exe file icon or a .ico file as the display icon.So if I install my package on different computers, I will get different display icon in add/remove program control panel.

To use the default icon, where should I specify and specify what value into my installshield project ?:confused:

Any suggestion is appriciated.
Thanks.

Do a search in the C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\ path for "SetupIcon.ico".
That is the icon you want....

reg, Henno.
0 Kudos
carfieldqi
Level 3

Thanks for your suggestion, Henno.

I found the SetupIcon.ico file, but it seems that I should put this icon into my project to specify its path in script or in "Installation Designer->General Information->Add or Remove Programs->Display Icon" to get job done.

But the limitation is I shouldnot put new file into this project, how can I just use the script or some other values to make my project use the default icon?

Thanks again
0 Kudos
HennoKeers
Level 7

carfieldqi wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion, Henno.

I found the SetupIcon.ico file, but it seems that I should put this icon into my project to specify its path in script or in "Installation Designer->General Information->Add or Remove Programs->Display Icon" to get job done.

But the limitation is I shouldnot put new file into this project, how can I just use the script or some other values to make my project use the default icon?

Thanks again

Sorry, can't help you with that since my InstallScript knowledge is as good as 0.
We only do Windows installer...

reg, Henno.
0 Kudos
ast081
Level 3

I am facing the reverse problem that is how to associate our icon to Application at ARP iinstaed of default icon from installshield10.5 universal .

Do you any idea on this.
Thanks in advance
ast081
0 Kudos