cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevmeister
Level 3

XML File Changes utilising a Dialog Property

Hello,

I am using the XML File Changes feature within an InstallShield project to modify some properties within a web.config file.

I wish to change some XML attributes to have the values that were input on a Dialog. On my dialog I have a Text Box which defines its property as HC_ServiceName_Prop.

In the XML File Changes area I set the value of my XML attribute to {[HC_ServiceName_Prop]}.

The property is also defined in the Property Manager.

When I run the installer and proceed to installation the XML attribute gets its value set to the initial value of the property (as shown in the Property Manager) and *not* to the value that the user provided in the dialog.

I have also tried referring to the property as [HC_ServiceName_Prop] without the curly braces but the outcome is the same.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Vijay__K
Level 7

Hi,
I think it's to do with public and private properties.
A public property should be defined in capital letters only.
HC_ServiceName_Prop, should be HC_SERVICENAME_PROP, this way the installation can transfer the property from the user interface part to the execute part.

Also make sure that the HC_SERVICENAME_PROP, is in the SecureCustomProperties list.

Hope this makes sence. The dialog property is set in the user interface part, and the changes to the XML files are done in the execute part, hence the property value needs to be transferred as a public property.

Vijay.
0 Kudos
Kevmeister
Level 3

You da man, Vijay!

The case of the property names was indeed the issue. Changing everything to upper-case resolved the problem.

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Vijay__K
Level 7

no probs... glad to help.
0 Kudos