cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwhitney
Level 2

XML Declaration Problem

I am creating a Basic MSI in which I have to make changes to an xml file within my install.

I am able to supply the data through the install and everything works properly except an xml declaration is added to the file.

I would like to omit the above statement from my .xml file... In another post I was able to find an edit to the ISxmlCfg.dll where I pass omit-xml-declaration="no"

After I edit the file and manually "Test XML File Install Changes" the output is exactly what I need, however, when I actually run the installer I still get the xml declaration added to my file.

Perhaps I am overlooking something as I am new to InstallShield but is there a way to edit the file at runtime using a basic msi and not have the xml file rebuilt with the statement above added?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

There are a couple different IsXmlCfg.dll files, so the first thing I would try would be copying the corresponding edit to these other files. That said, this isn't heavily traversed area, so I'm not sure I'd expect things to work. What's trying to read this file that cannot handle a well-formed xml file, and would it be better to treat this as a raw text file? Also check out IS2010's updates to xml support if they happen to fix this, as well as its new text file changes view, if upgrading is an option for you.
0 Kudos