cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tHasler
Level 3

Wrong language in maintance mode when setup.exe started from installation media

We use a InstallScript MSI installation with different UI languages (the default language is german).
At the beginning of the installation, the user can select the installation language through the languages dialog.

The installation in any language works fine and the user interface is displayed according to the settings at the beginning of the installation. Also the maintenance mode is displayed in the correct language, but only if it is started from the control panel by add/remove programs.

When the maintenance mode is started from the installation media by calling setup.exe again, the UI language is always displayed in the default language (without languages dialog).
In the feature selection dialog, the names and descriptions of the features are still displayed in the language of the initial installation, but all the rest is displayed in the default language. This is a very ugly behaviour, because there are two different languages in one dialog. I would expect that the maintenance mode always should consider the language of the original installation and display all the dialogs in this language.

Is this a bug or is there a way to tell setup.exe that it should always consider the original installation language, even if it is started from the installation media?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hanksmart
Level 3

I am having the exact same problem.

Is this a bug in installshield? Do you have the updated patches for InstallShield? My machine is not connected to the Internet so I was wondering if that would fix the problem?

If you find a fix can you post the solution?
0 Kudos
tHasler
Level 3

My version of InstallShield is up to date, so no patch seems to be available yet to solve the problem.
0 Kudos
tHasler
Level 3

I had contact with macromedia support and they confirmed me, that this is a bug within InstallShield. Unfortunately there is no solution available at the moment, but the bug will be fixed in a further release...
0 Kudos