cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcurro
Level 3

Windows Server 2008 R2 Support

Hi,

I need to make an installer for the Windows Server 2008 R2 OS. We currently have been building our installers with Installshield 2009 and when I run it on server machine the installer does not work. After researching online it looks like it need to upgrade my installshield to 2010 Service Pack 1. Does anyone have any experience creating an installer for Windows Server 2008 R2? Do I have to upgrade or can I still use InstallShield 2009?

thanks,
Robert
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
J_anitha
Level 8

Yes officially, 2008 R2 support s provided in IS 2010. But I've created an installer for R2, which is working fine, so far.
What is it, that's not working as expected on R2?
0 Kudos
rcurro
Level 3

I was able to get the a 2009 installer to work on the R2 machine its still causing problems but it looks like it has to do with the OS and not the installer. My concern was when I researching into working with Windows Server 2008 R2 all the documentation I read stated I needed to upgrade. It looks like now I don't need the upgrade to get a working installer. I glad to hear someone else has been able to get a the installer working on an R2 machine.

thanks for your help,
Robert
0 Kudos