cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanK77
Level 3

Windows Common Controls

Hi, where can i get the Windows Common Controls Pre-reqs or Redistributables ? It seems they are no longer included and i need to distribute them.

Thanks.

Regards,
Alan
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Hmm. I can see several different Windows Common Controls merge modules in the Redistributables view. To make it easier to find them, I entered "common" in the search field above the grid in this view. Most of them are named something like COMCTL*.msm or MSCOMCT*.msm, and they are installed to InstallShield Program Files\2011\Modules\i386. Does that help?
0 Kudos
AlanK77
Level 3

Hi DebbieL,

Thanks a lot for answering.
Yes, that would be ideal...however i'm don't have any of those on my PC. (There are a lot of other redistributables: SQLCE, Net 4.0, etc etc...)

Furthermore, "InstallShield Program Files\2011\Modules\i386" is empty.
If it helps, this is a fresh (meaning not upgraded from earlier versions) Installshield 2011 LE installation on Windows 7 x64.

Regards,
Alan
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Ah, there are some differences between the Limited edition of InstallShield and the other editions. That may be one of the differences; I'm not entirely sure. Since you posted the question in the Express edition forum, I thought you were talking about the Express edition.

We have a forum that is dedicated to helping with InstallShield Limited Edition questions, so I'm having your post moved to that thread for help with this question.
0 Kudos
bharath_k_s
Level 7

Hello Alan,

InstallShield 2011 Limited Edition doesn't include Microsoft Windows Common Control Prerequisite. InstallShield Premier and InstallShield Professional edition have Prerequisite Editor Tool through which you could create Custom Prerequisites and include it in your project.

Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos
AlanK77
Level 3

Hi Bharath,

Okay, not what i expected but thanks anyway. I've solved it by downloading the merge modules from Microsoft and including them in the setup.

Regards,
Alan
0 Kudos