cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holger_G
Level 10

Windows 7 (64bit): Error 1945

Hi,

I just want to report a problem that can occur with Windows 7 (64bit) and a Basic MSI installation including a Feature Prerequisite (Advertise: Full UI).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Interesting. I'll definitely have to examine this more closely. I take it this reproduces with a sample one-file MSI installing a sample, say notepad2.exe-running, feature prerequisite?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We were not able to reproduce this problem with a sample project that installed notepad2 (with a desktop shortcut so we could see it get advertised) and ran notepad2 in a feature prerequisite, on a 64-bit Win7 beta installation. Do you have any more information on how to reproduce this error?
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Out QA reported this error only once yet. So I don´t know any reliable way to reproduce it. I will talk to the guy who received the error maybe he can supply some more information.
0 Kudos
websurf
Level 3

Hi everyone, I have a problem when uninstalling a software under Windows 7.

I am using InstallScript MSI Project to make the software's setup.exe.
When I try to uninstall a software that I created via Control Panel's Uninstall a Program, it can be uninstalled.

However if I install the software for the second time and then uninstall it, an error message pops up saying
"The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. C:\WINDOWS\Installer\97675.msi"

I've checked to make sure that the 97675.msi is located under C:\WINDOWS\Installer,and the software installs and uninstalls perfectly on XP/Vista without any problems.
Any ideas or suggestions? Many thanks to those who help me out.
0 Kudos