cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougdups
Level 2

Windows 10 This Program may not have Uninstalled Correctly

When we run our InstallShield 2012 spring InstallScript uninstall program from Programs and Features we receive the Operating System Error "This Program might not have uninstalled correctly Installscript setup launcher. Uninstall using compatibility settings or This program uninstalled correctly. The message seems to come up even before our program starts as it has a dialogue first asking if you really want to uninstall.

This does not happen on XP or Windows 7 but on 8.1 and 10 you get the message. You can just close and run the program to uninstall, it seems to have no impact on the execution.

Thanks in advance

Doug
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
bisdakbabbles
Level 3

I am having the same problem.

Any lead about this issue?

I have compared the uninstallation logs from Apps & Features and Programs & Features (Control Panel).

I have noticed that the calling process are different:

Apps & Features : Calling process: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Programs & Features (Control Panel) : Calling process: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

Does it have anything to do with the problem?

By the way, I tried our MSI built with InstallShield 2015. The problem still occurs.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

We are having the same issue, but from our InstallShield Chain installation. So searching around we found that the "Advanced Installer User Guide" (http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-guide/faq-errors.html#question123) states that this issue and other uninstall issues from the Settings -> System -> Apps & Features menu are actually Windows 10 bugs..

So if this is true then is there anything that can be done about this or do we have to wait for a fix from Microsoft???

0 Kudos