cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umairvb
Level 3

Why Installshield create 2 copy in Vista

Hello Everyone,My Application work fine in Xp but not fine in Vista. when Installshield setup run and default file copy in Program files in vista but they create two copy one in Program files other user hidden folder like "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\TestApp".My setup contain access database with .Net,so i insert some data in database when i Uninstall setup installshield delete only application folder in Program files not user hidden folder.so again i install the application the prevoius data come again why when i create new.Please tell me how uninstall data in User hidden Folder.

please Help is urgent.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Does your application run without elevation, but still write to the program files folder? If so you need to fix your application; its writes are being redirected to the hidden folder you speak of, and the installation knows nothing about it.

Similarly if these files are intentionally created by your application instead of the installation, you will need to teach the installation about them (perhaps via the RemoveFile table), or accept that they are left behind. I suggest the latter, as only the files for the current user can be removed at uninstall.
0 Kudos