cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve1_rm
Level 2

Where is the setup exe located after setup has been built

Hello,

This is my first time at using InstallShield. I have downloaded the evalulation verions of installShield Primier 2008.

I have created a windows application in VB using Visual Studio 2005. I added a new installShield Project (Basic MSI Project).

This is a very simple windows project (just displays a form with a welcome message) I went through the project assistant and added the primary output.

I built the solution and setup1 project. Built with no errors. I think right clicked the setup1 | install. The project went through the wizard without any errors.

However, where is the executable file that you would give the customer to install on there machine. In the setup1 folder all there is, is the default configuration folder with 4 other folders. In the debug folder here is no setup exe that would be used to install on the custoemrs machine. Using the MSI, it was always in the dubug folder. So where is it when you use the installShield?

many thanks for any help,

Steve
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
steve1_rm
Level 2

Hello,

I found out where the setup exe is located in the disk1 folder. I did go that deep in the folders to find it. However, this problem has been solved.

Just another question. When i distribute the setup to the customer do I need all the files and folder in the disk1 folder, or can i send the just the setup1.msi file?

Many thanks,

Steve
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You'll want to distribute the setup.exe and other files if you're installing the Windows Installer service, installing any prerequisites, or making a multi-language installation, among other things.

If you're certain your end users will already have the Windows Installer service (all Windows versions since Windows 2000 have some version of it installed), you can get by with distributing only the MSI database. (In the Release Wizard, you can control whether to create the setup.exe or other items.)
0 Kudos