cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tw0001
Level 4

What's with the naming - "2012 Spring"?

It's been nearly a year since InstallShield 2012, and now we get a new version of 2012 named 2012 Spring. When I first saw the email announcing this, I literally thought it was some kind of training seminar or something. And almost deleted it. Just before I deleted it something caught my eye, so luckily I didn't.

Then I came back here after a while being away from the forums, and sure enough it was listed as a separate version from 2012.

I didn't even think that this was, in effect, InstallShield 2013. What's the motivation behind this confusing naming convention. Not to question marketing, but this is kinda confusing.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Roman1
Level 9

Hello,

what about the "13" in the name of product?

The next release should be IS 2014 !

Regards
roman
0 Kudos
LJHarris
Level 3

I agree with the name confusion. It makes it difficult to decide when it is worth the effort to upgrade my install projects to a newer version of InstallShield. When is the next release of InstallShield planned? Is there going to be an InstallShield 2013? What is the frequency of InstallShield releases planned?

I go through considerable testing to consider a version of InstallShield stable enough to upgrade and it takes time to change my different product templates to support a new version. Since Flexera does not support downgrade rights it makes this situation even worse. I do not want to be forced to upgrade to a new InstallShield version if it does not give me any new functionality that I require.
0 Kudos