cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashokoyi
Level 3

Weather ISMP 11.5 is supporting AIX5.4,RHEL5,Linux for IA64,Windows -64bit and Vista

Hi Friends,

Can any one plz tell me weather ISMP 11.5 is supporting AIX5.4,RHEL5,Linux for IA64,Windows 2003-64bit and Vista.In ISMP they have given that the supported platforms are Windows All ,AIX Platform and Linux All (Generic terms).They dint mentioned specifically which are the platforms that are supported .The above five platforms are not listed specifically .They gave a generic term to each and every platform.

Can anyone plz tell me weather ISMP 11.5 is supporting the above platforms or not.

Thanks,
Ashok.:)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
ashokoyi
Level 3

Hi can any one plz reply .
0 Kudos
MEinstaller
Level 7

I have had ISMP installs work with RHEL 4 on IA 64 and Windows 2003, not sure if any of the Windows installs were 64 bit or not but it should work.

I doubt you will find any official documentation to say that ISMP supports these OSs as ISMP was created before these OSs were developed, at least most of them.
0 Kudos
tamil_try1977
Level 3

Hi,

I have the same requirement, our product must support linux on 32 and 64 bit machines. When I selected Linux Launcher distribution for jvm Platforms, I could select only either 32 or 64 bit jre bundle.

How can I create launcher distribution for linux 32 with 32bit jre bundle? and How can I create launcher distribution for linux 64 with 64bit jre bundle?

at the same time (build time).

Could you please answer??

Thanks
0 Kudos
dlacoste
Level 4

Here's what I did to make Linux PowerPC work (with similar methods, you could support any platform that java supports) :

1 - Create the feature/component/fileset.
2 - Under "Platforms" select "Linux Platform" and then press the "Custom" tab.
3 - Under "Display Name" make change to indicate new platform type
4 - Under "Architecture" I entered "ppc\|ppc32\|ppc64". NOTE: THIS IS THE VALUE RETURNED BY THE JVM. THIS IS NOT THE VALUE RETURNED BY THE "uname" COMMAND.
5 - Select "Add" and then the "Predefined" tab.
6 - Make sure your new platform (and NOT the original "Linux Platform") are selected.

You can write a simple java program to output what the values for "architecture" are, and you could adjust them to match the "Version" expected for AIX 5.4 (vs. 5.3, etc.)

Note that this product has been cancelled by macrovision, so you'll have to do this work yourself if you want to get it done 🙂
0 Kudos