cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joecord
Level 2

Visual Studio Express - Missing the InstallShield Limited Edition Project template

I have installed InstallShield 2012 Spring Express and am using Visual Studio 2012 Express.

After downloading and installing InstallShield and restarting my machine, I start Visual Studio and cannot see the "InstallShield Limited Edition" project template.

In the InstallShield help files I read:

1. On the File menu, point to New and click Project. The New Project dialog box opens.
2. In the Installed Templates box, expand the Other Project Types item, then the Setup and Deployment item, and then click InstallShield LE. Then select the InstallShield Limited Edition Project template.
3. Configure the settings for the name and project location as needed.
4. Click OK.

I tried to follow this but in my list of installed templates I do not have a "Other Project Types" section.

Is there something here I am missing?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Joe.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
schwartz
Level 2

joecord wrote:
I have installed InstallShield 2012 Spring Express and am using Visual Studio 2012 Express.

After downloading and installing InstallShield and restarting my machine, I start Visual Studio and cannot see the "InstallShield Limited Edition" project template.

The help files and videos only seem to have instructions for Visual Basic Studio 2010.
Could we please have some updated instructions and an indication on how to get this working in Visual Basic 2012
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

It sounds like you are both using the Express edition, but looking at documentation for the Limited edition, which does not apply to Express. For instructions on getting started with Express, see the following help topic in the Express help:
Creating InstallShield Projects in Microsoft Visual Studio
0 Kudos