cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krhom
Level 2

Visual Studio 2012, Installshield LE, -6245 One or more of the project's components..

Hello there.
I installed Visual Studio 2012 yesterday, and upgraded my current 2010-project.
Realized then that I needed to change the setup-project, and followed the instructions to installation: installshield LE.

Well now I keep having the following warning:
-6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommened that the release include the .NET Framework.

Doubleclicking this error, gives me the following 4 kb-articles here on Flexera webpage:

Q109063: ERRDOC: Build Error 6245
(1. Select the Build your Release view.... <= I don't have that anywhere? Where should I find this?)

Q107665: ERRDOC: Build Warning 6245
(1. Select the Releases view. (Don't have a "Release view", but I did find a node called: "Release" under "6 Prepare for Release", but later in step 3. In the property sheet at right... (there is nothing about properties anywhere, no matter where I click?)

Q211090: ERRDOC: Build Warning 6245
(1. Expand the Prepare for Release, <= ok.)
(2. Selected desired release <= ok.)
(3. In the property sheet at right.... ? No property sheets available anywhere?)

Q211088: ERRDOC: Build Warning 6245
(1. Select the Releases view in the Media folder, <= Have no Media folder anywhere that Im aware of?

Well neither of these articles gives me a resolution that is applicable, none of them has steps that are available to me?
Maybe Im just missing something big here, but I simply cannot find a solution to getting rid of this, what do I need to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
/Kristian
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

you may try below steps to avoid the warning message.

>Open the ISLE project in VS 2012 IDE
>Expand "Setup Requirements and Actions">double click on "Requirements".
>Select the required .Net Framework Version based on the project requirement under System Software Requirements(Don't select any requirement if not required).
>Expand "Specify Application Data" section>double click on "Redistributables" view
>Select appropriate .Net Framework prerequisite which are selected as software requirement to include in to the setup(Don't select any prerequisite. if nothing selected under System Software Requirement section).
>Build the project

Please refer the below article for more information:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?203380-ISEXP-warning-6245-One-or-more-of-the-project-s-components-contain-NET-propert&highlight=6245

Please find the attached ISLE for visual studio 2012 screenshots for your reference.

Thanks~
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
krhom
Level 2

Thank you!
That seems to have done it.

Regards
Kristian
0 Kudos