cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avner_Kashtan
Level 4

Visual Studio 2005 integration errors

I've been trying to work with InstallShield 2008 in Visual Studio 2005 and have been getting consistent problems, so I was wondering if someone ran into them before:

1) If I don't have "Disable Script Debugging" checked in my IE Advanced Settings (IE7 on XP SP2) I get consistent script popup errors in all InstallShield screens. They go away if I check the box, but since I do web programming, I need it in my day-to-day work.

2) When adding a new InstallShield project to my solution, I get the standard "not in source control" yellow plus icon. If I try to check it in, I get the error message attached. This has happened in more than one computer.
If I use the standalone InstallShield Professional then the source control integration works, but only for the .ISM file. The .ISPROJ, for VStudio integration, isn't checked in.
This is with Visual SourceSafe 2005.

Has anyone experienced these problems? Is there a possible fix?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Are you using Team Server Source code control? or Microsoft Visual Source Safe?

My guess is that you are using Team Server, where I have seen this error too. I have not been able to see this error using Visual Source Safe, so I am a little confused as to what casues this error.

We are working with Microsoft to try to get this resolved.
0 Kudos
Avner_Kashtan
Level 4

No, this is using Visual Sourcesafe 2005. I also have the SourceGear Vault provider installed, but not used for this project. No team system involved.

Something else that's perplexing - in the Check In Dialog (before the error message) I can see the MyProject.ism file listed twice. Is this normal?
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you trying installing the update at...

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q113727

This should fix the problem with that error showing up in Visual Source Safe Issues (however it does not fix Team Server).

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
Avner_Kashtan
Level 4

This hotfix seems to apply to Visual Studio 2008, while I am using 2005. Is it still applicable?
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

It fixes problems we had under 2008, and a number of Source Control Issues with all versions of Visual Studio (2002, 2003, 2005).
0 Kudos
Avner_Kashtan
Level 4

The hotfix did, indeed, fix the check-in to VSS problem. Thank you.
It also fixed a couple of other problems - the Property Manager and Path Variables screens not working inside VS2005, for instance. In general, it has made the Visual Studio add-in usable. 🙂

Thanks again.
0 Kudos