cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venkat_VK
Level 4

Vista 64 bit OS:File not found.Registration failed err (Develpd by IS2008 .ism file)

I have a setup exe devloped using IS2008(.ism file). It's installing my Apps successfully in 32bit versions of XP, Win2k, Win2003 and Vista.
But when I try to run the same setup in the Vista 64 bit OS, getting below errors:
1. Error for the Microsoft dao360.dll:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Dao\dao360.dll" not found. Registration failed.

2. Error for the Crystal Report files:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\crystalreportviewers11\ActiveXControls\CRVIEWER.DLL\.dll" not found. Registration failed.

Likewise, for other CrystalReport files:"CRAXDRT.DLL, ExportModeller.dll, CrtSLV.dll, Crqe.dll, Keycode.dll"

3. And having a different issue for a 3rd party Setup file. My setup will copy the third party setup file in the below folders: :"C:\Program Files\ThirdParty\Thirdparty Setup" and execute from there.

Only in Vista 64 bit, my setup not able to copy the 3rd party setup in the above folder and my setup not moving beyond this stage.

I have the UAC turned Off to overcome kind of access issue and I have the Administrator rights.

Note: I have tried using the Program Files (64-bit)\Common Files (64-bit) structure in the FilesandFolder section of IS2008. But it's also failed. I believe, as my Vista 64 OS having "Program Files (x86)" as 64bit folder and it's not matching with above setup structure.

My sense says, it's kind of access issue and you could help me on this.

Thanks in advance.:)

Venkat VK
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Working on 64-bit systems is a bit of a knowledge hurdle. Some folders are automatically redirected for 32-bit applications (like C:\Windows\System32 to C:\Windows\SysWow64), others are partially redirected (like C:\Program Files vs C:\Program Files (x86) lookups), and the remainder are normal and not redirected.

On one 64-bit machine, I don't see the dao360.dll you mention; instead I see one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO\dao360.dll. Since this is just a lookup redirection, and not an actual file redirection, the provided path will need to be correct. But why are you registering a third party dll without knowing where it is -- can you just skip this step? I don't have Crystal on this machine so I can't say much regarding 2, but I suspect it and problem 3 could be similar.
0 Kudos