cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ustas_michelius
Level 3

Very long product name doesn't fit to InstallShield Wizard screen

Hi all! 😮

This is a big problem for me. And i can't find solution for it.

I have very long product name and can't make it smaller.
Because of this, at the start of installation - we see "IntallShield Wizard" screen .. with a progress bar - Extracting: .
And after it - your installation starts.
Well, exactly here, on this screen my very long product name doesn't fit to screen width and height and text goes under the progress bar. 😞

Can you please tell me how it can be fixed? :confused:

Attachments here:
1. screenshot of the problem to get idea quickly
2. simple project - if you get it, open, build and run - you can reproduce the problem on your local machine.

Thank you for any ideas!!! for any help!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
coJeff
Level 6

Other than making the product name a tad shorter the other option is to not use the small initialization dialog. Then your product name should fit.
0 Kudos
ustas_michelius
Level 3

Your solution is working fine. :cool:
But! If you have a splash image in your installation - you can only see small initialization dialog. :confused:

What can i do if i must have long product name and must have splash screen image?

Thank you!!
0 Kudos
ustas_michelius
Level 3

People, please tell your ideas, i REALLY need your HELP!!

This problem is not solved at all. 😞

Thank you for any ideas and help.
0 Kudos
ustas_michelius
Level 3

People, i don't beleive that no one knows how to solve this problem!
Please, help me
0 Kudos
I_H8_Setups
Level 3

If you can't shorten your product name, you can override the default name of the extracted msi to something shorter. Look at the Releases section, and select your current product configuration (folder icon, not Release 1). There is a list of properties that can be overridden for that particular release. Go to the "MSI Package file name" property and enter the name you want to use for the extracted msi, like notSoLongFileName. 😉

As far as I can tell, end users would only see that name in the extraction dialog and the install log (if they create one).
0 Kudos