cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinrestiaens
Level 2

Versions of InstallShield

Hi everyone,

I work on a project currently with the InstallShield Limited Edition. In this project we use some custom DLL's. What we want to do is reference these dll's with a relative path so when we checkin the code on tfs the build won't break.

Currently in the Limited Edition 'Dynamic Linking' is not available so I installed a trial of the Professional Edition for testing purposes.

My question: Do we need 2 licences (one for the developer and one for the build server) or can we use 1 licence for both machines?

Kind Regards,
Kevin Restiaens
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
tonia
Level 4 Flexeran
Level 4 Flexeran

The InstallShield 2014 Professional Edition includes one Standalone Build license. The Standalone Build module enables you to install only the part of InstallShield that compiles the installations, plus any redistributables that you may want to include. You can install the Standalone Build module on your build machine, and then run it from the command line.

After purchasing, you can access the InstallShield 2014 Professional download and license files via the Product and License Center (https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com).
0 Kudos