cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridman
Level 8

Validating a One-Click release

I have a Basic MSI project where I have built two releases, a CD-ROM release and a One-Click release.

I have validated the CD-ROM release by running the Windows Vista suite from the Build menu, and resolved all the validation errors.

Now, if I click on the One-Click release and then go to the menu to run the validation tests on it, all the choices are grayed out with the exception of Upgrade Validation Wizard. However, the One-Click release is not an upgrade, so I do not quite understand this.

Why can't I validate the One-Click release?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
gridman
Level 8

My original post was about manually trying to run the Vista validation suite on a One-Click release. All the options are grayed out so it isn't possible.

However, if you go into the Tools menu and select Options, click the Validation tab, and turn validation on, it will do a validation after each build. So, this is a way around the issue.

I would still like to know why you can't manually validate the One-Click release.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I think Build > Validate requires an external MSI file; the validation option is unavailable after a build that has everything compressed into setup.exe, for example.
0 Kudos
gridman
Level 8

Thanks a lot. I understand what you mean.
0 Kudos