cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Val0004 error - just want to turn validation off

So I'm running into the Val0004 error when I'm trying to create a patch (through the patch design). I've read enough articles where we can just ignore the error as it's been fixed in IS2009. Ok.

How do I build my patch without the error popping up and stopping the build?

I went into Tools --> options --> General Tab and unchecked the 'stop build process when first error is encountered'. Also unchecked the 'enforce best practices' option too.

Then went to the Validation tab and unchecked 'Perform patching & upgrading validation' checkbox.

Once I click on 'build patch' it still gives me the Val0004. Am I missing something?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
regexmaster
Level 5

This might be worth checking....

In your "Patch Design" view, select your Patch config, and then the "Advanced" tab. In the "Build Settings" section, one option is "Validate at build"

I don't know if this setting was changed automatically when you changed one of the other settings - But if it's not, maybe it'll save you some frustration 🙂
0 Kudos
Not applicable

I gave that a shot this morning, now when I click on 'build patch' I get an error that says:

"an error occurred while creating configuration data for the Image Family Family 1" Error code - 6431

So I did a search on what that means and someone had mentioned that they rebuilt their full install first before trying to build the patch and it worked for them. Didn't work for me 😞 So close yet so far!
0 Kudos
regexmaster
Level 5

I can empathize - I tried to find out more about error -6431, but as you have probably found for yourself, chasing a plain English explanation is a bit like the "best blond joke ever" web gag (though less amusing.)

Cheers,
-Dave
0 Kudos