cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexFr
Level 3

VC++ 2005 Runtime is not installed

I am testing InstallShield Express 2010 evaluation. Test setup package contains single executable file build in VC++ 2005 SP1, MFC. After executing the command Dependencies - Perform Dynamic Scanning, the following merge modules are selected:
Visual C++ 8.0 MFC.Policy (x86) WinSXS MSM
Visual C++ 8.0 MFCLOC.Policy (x86) WinSXS MSM
Visual C++ 8.0 CRT (x86) WinSXS MSM
Microsoft C Runtime Library 6.0

When I install this package on clean XP machine, and run the program, it shows this message: The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.
Installing vcredist_x86.exe in the target computer solves the problem. What is wrong in the installation package?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It's unclear from the details you've shared whether your build machine has found and used the SP1 versions of the merge modules. Because of the behavior you describe, I would suspect it has not. You might try moving or renaming the merge modules it found and repairing Visual Studio, or copying the SP1 modules from another machine.
0 Kudos
AlexFr
Level 3

I solved the problem by manually selecting required .msm files from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules. It looks like InstallShield-supplied merge modules don't work in my case, I have no idea why.
0 Kudos