cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjbarry
Level 3

Using Variations of License Agreement in Basic MSI project

I've posted asking for help with this issue before, but received no response... searching the forums hasn't provided me with any information I found useful, so I'm going to ask again:

I have a EULA in RTF format to use with the Basic MSI install project and usually specify this via the project assistant in the installation interview section.

However, it's possible this installer could be shipped worldwide, so I have been provided with additional EULA files in various "supported" languages.

Now I need/would like to be able to allow the user to select the language to display the EULA in. I have no idea how to do this... I thought about adding a combo box to the License Agreement Dialogue and display languages (where the value of each language would be the name of the translated RTF EULA file) and have the textbox displaying the EULA refresh to read the new content in. However, I've been unsuccessful in implementing this.

If there's a better way, could someone please clue me in. If not, could someone lend a hand? I've managed to add a combo box to the License Agreement dialogue and have managed to get it popluated with the language/file information, but could not get the reload of the text for the text box to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Can your dialog box contain a bunch of overlapping ScrollableText fields, with Hide and Show control conditions determining which one to display? It's the same idea as the LicenseAgreement dialog box disabling and enabling the Next button based on the radio-button agreement selection.

(All this assumes you're not using a multi-language installer in the usual sense of having the user select a language for the entire UI, where it's just a matter of pointing to a single RTF file for each supported language.)
0 Kudos
jjbarry
Level 3

RobertDickau wrote:
Can your dialog box contain a bunch of overlapping ScrollableText fields, with Hide and Show control conditions determining which one to display? It's the same idea as the LicenseAgreement dialog box disabling and enabling the Next button based on the radio-button agreement selection.

(All this assumes you're not using a multi-language installer in the usual sense of having the user select a language for the entire UI, where it's just a matter of pointing to a single RTF file for each supported language.)

I don't believe there are plans to make a multilanguage installer -- it's just that the licenses I am provided run through about 13 languages -- and our softcopy/legal people would like to see them made available from inside the installation.

I think the real catch here is that while I (used to) know a bit of Visual Basic type scripting, it's been over 6 years since I've actively written any. I also have only basic knowledge of Installshield at this point (case in point: I just figured out how to pass parameters to the installer generated custom action for launching the program upon install completion), and I'm basically just treading water.
0 Kudos