cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Using SAAuto14 to update/set some properties

I am trying to set a property in my basic .ism by calling the SAAuton14 methods for setting properties, accessing collections, and so on, through the automation interface. I can successfully update the ProductVersion of the project, but now I have another property that I would like to update and it does not seem to want to update.

HISTORY: This project is a merge module and what I need is for the merge module to register it's version number during the parent install. When I simply use the ProductVersion property in the merge module to create the registry key what it actually does it grabs the ProductVersion property from the parent install project and register that. That is not what I wanted. So I simply created another property in the merge module install project with it's own build version information. When it is install with a parent project then it will properly registry it's own version number.

Now this value is hardcoded in the merge module, so I figured that I could just have this property updated during build time so that it will always have the updated build version in it, but like I said this does not seem to work.

Does anyone use the automation to update properties in the install projects other than the ProductVersion property?

Thanks for any input.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If you haven't yet, please see the help topic "ISWiProperty Object" for an example and explanation.
0 Kudos